The general instructions and requirements for B.Tech. projects are given here. The following are some additional guidelines for B.Tech. projects in CSAM.
- The CSAM program aims to develop students cognizant and skilled in both Mathematics and Computer Science. A B.Tech. project of a CSAM student, being their capstone project in the program, must reflect their expertise in either Mathematics, or Computer Science, or ideally, in both subjects.
- A B.Tech. project can be done under the supervision of one or more internal (from IIIT-Delhi) or external (from another institute) faculty members, with at least one internal co-supervisor.
- A CSAM student opting to do a B.Tech. project is required to write a short proposal (about one page) and submit to the Mathematics department for approval at least a month before the start of the project.
- The department will form an approval committee, for each B.Tech. project, comprising of at least one math faculty member, supervisor(s) of the project, and subject expert(s). Such a committee must have at least three members.
- The student will then be required to present their plan to the committee. The concepts/ ideas from Mathematics, and/or Computer Science that the project aims to develop/ implement must be clearly highlighted during this presentation. The committee will take the final decision regarding the adequacy of the computer science and/ or mathematics component in the project. The possible decisions of the committee will be (a) Approved, (b) Not approved, (c) Revision Required. In case the decision is “Not Approved”, the student and their supervisor(s) will be advised to find a suitable new topic that satisfies the requirement (I). In case the decision is “Revision Required”, the student will be given one more opportunity to revise and resubmit the same project before the same committee, or, in the event of non-availability of any/ all the members of the original committee, a new committee.
- For B.Tech. projects, if a change of project/supervisor is desired for unusual circumstances, it must be approved by the BTP coordinator. In addition, for CSAM students, a new approval must be obtained from a committee, constituted as per the requirement(IV).
- The department will form appropriate committees for the final evaluation. These committees (could be the same as the approval committee) will be similarly constituted as the approval committee.