The Ph.D. (Mathematics) program at IIIT-Delhi is focused towards research like any other Ph.D. program - limited coursework to enhance the breadth and depth of a student, followed by focused research. Admissions are made through regular admission process as well as Rolling mode. Regular Admissions for all disciplines are made in March-April and Nov-Dec every year. For rolling admission, the interested candidates are expected to interact with the concerned faculty member(s) in IIIT-Delhi and get their consent for working with him/her. However, such candidates will undergo a full selection process before being admitted to the Ph.D. program.
For more details, please visit here
Salient features of the Ph.D. program
- For full-time regular Ph.D. students, IIIT-Delhi provides attractive stipend of Rs.27,000/- per month in the first year and up to Rs.30,000/- after the 2nd Year.
- An additional financial assistantship is available to Ph.D. students in Mathematics who are not on institute fellowship. In this setup, an extra compensation of ₹10,000 per month will be provided to a student opting for a Teaching Assistantship (TA) position. A student can opt for this position only after completing their Ph.D. program minimum requirements of being a TA for two semesters.
- Financial support to present papers in top international conferences and to attend summer schools.
- Students who are supported through external fellowships are eligible for Overseas Research Fellowships. The Overseas Research Fellowship (ORF) is designed to provide all Ph.D. students at the IIIT-Delhi to an exposure to international research environment. The goal is to facilitate a visit by a student to undertake research under the supervision of a reputed scholar abroad.
- Students interested in acquiring a global exposure may enroll in the collaborative Ph.D. program with selected partner groups / institutes across the world.
- Industry / employed persons have an option to pursue a sponsored full-time Ph.D. program.